Wednesday, October 22, 2014

You Light Up the Sky

What happened on Sunday: After taking over 200 pictures, I got these shots.


 



The lightning flashed all around our little apartment.  Thunder shook the building and set off car alarms.  Amanda and I pull chairs up to the window and watched the rain fall sideways.  I was so thankful I was not alone.  I'll admit it.  I was scared.

Amanda said something that hit home.  She said the thunder and lightning didn't scare her.  It reminded her how BIG God is.  It made me think of this song by The Afters.

Light light light up the sky 
You light up the sky to show me You are with me 
I I I can't deny 
No I can't deny that You are right here with me 
You've opened my eyes 
So I can see You all around me 
Light light light up the sky 
You light up the sky to show me 
That You are with me 


Even when I feel alone here in the DR, I know that I have a HUGE God who is watching over me.  Protecting me.  Guiding me.  Loving me.  And how amazing is that.

Con mucho amor.

No comments:

Post a Comment