Monday, June 9, 2014

List #4: Small, Medium, Amazing

I realized I forgot to post this from January...

Small
Medium 
and 
Amazing 
thing that happened this week.

Small:  I ran into one of my favorite English professors as I grabbed a handout for my class.  I hadn't seen her since last semester.  She gave me a huge hug and we caught up about our winter break activities.  She also told me about these anthologies the English department was getting rid of.  Guess who has two new anthologies of stories and poems to use for teaching?  THIS GIRL.  I was so happy.

Medium:  I got to catch up with my friend who stayed with my host family this last year.  It made me so sad and so happy at the same time.  We reminisced and compared semesters abroad.  My host mom sent my favorite cookies with her to give to me.  My host sister sent along a little pouch for change.  My heart yearns for my other home in a country far, far away.  I miss it so much every single day.

Amazing:  I am obsessed with sunrises and sunsets.  Lately, it has been incredibly sunny and semi-warm.  It does not feel like January weather.  Over the month I have worked from 7:30am-9:30am every single day.  Although it's early, I love staying in the habit.  Next semester I will have to get up even earlier for teaching.  This week I was making my frozen waffle with peanut butter and I wandered over to the window where I saw the prettiest sight I have ever seen.  I ran back to grab my phone and snap a bunch of pictures.  As I walked to work I just kept looking over my shoulder at the beautiful sky God painted just for me.

May every sunrise hold more promise and every sunset hold more peace. 

Con mucho amor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment