Monday, June 9, 2014

Update

What I've been doing: Many things have happened in the past few months.  I finished and survived the hardest semester of full-time student teaching.  Last Sunday I graduated from college.  In July I am going back to Costa Rica for a week with my sister.  In August I am moving to the Dominican Republic to teach for a year.


It still seems so surreal that I graduated from college.  Four years flew by way too quickly.  Last semester after church an elderly man and I were talking.  He asked what year I was, and I told him I was graduating from college.  He asked if I was excited, and I replied saying no.  I told him I wasn't ready for the real world.  He stated, "NO.  The real world is not ready for YOU."

His words have stuck with me.  I want to continue blogging over the summer and throughout my journey in the DR.  I cannot wait to see what God teaches me over this next year.

What I've been reading: Fault in Our Stars and My Sister's Keeper in one week.  I have been tearing up over and over again.  Two amazing books.  Two amazingly sad books.  But sometimes it is good to keep things in perspective.  My little struggles are nothing compared to cancer.



From: here and here

Con mucho amor.

No comments:

Post a Comment