Friday, August 1, 2014

How using Twitter has impacted my life

What I'm learning: I recently tweeted, "Every day on Twitter I learn and use a new piece of technology. I might not have Ts to connect w/in the DR nxt yr but I'll have an even BIGGER group of people to interact w/via Twitter. How neat is that." I have been learning so much this summer through the use of Twitter and Voxer. The world is so big, but so very small at the same time. I absolutely love connecting with other educators. Sometimes after certain chats I actually get teary-eyed. I leave feeling SO inspired and encouraged knowing that I am so not alone in this journey.

I've been thinking about why more teachers haven't been using these tools. Some people simply don't know about Twitter chats and Google+ groups. But I also think people are nervous. I remember my heart was racing so much when I participated in my first Twitter chat. Just the other day I was asked to join a Voxer group (walkie talkie type app). I get real nervous when I speak into Voxer, but I get questions answered by experienced and incredible educators. The only way to learn is by doing challenging things, things that push you outside your comfort zone. That's the way growth happens. 
 From: here

I have been incredibly empowered and encouraged in these last few weeks. As a brand-new teacher, it has been amazing that people who have been in classrooms for years are willing to listen to my questions and help me. I have mentors and teacher that I really look up to who are several clicks away.
From: here

This article asks the question: Can one Tweet make a difference? I am here to say that YES, yes it does. Even just liking someone's post, or responding to them in a positive way can make someone's day. Everyone want's to be validated and appreciated. Social media has this incredible power to connect people all over the world. I love it. I've been trying to convince other people to join the bandwagon. @Chrisrogers07 told me this is called social media evangelism, which I loved.
From: here

Go connect with someone.  Go like someone's post, tweet, or picture.  Go send a happy text or e-mail.  Go learn about a new piece of technology.  Go try something different.  Go inspire others.  Go make people happy.  Go be a positive light in the world. 

With much love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment