Friday, September 5, 2014

Art Journaling with Quotes

What we've been doing in the classroom:  One of the CCSS is about finding textual evidence.  I have not been practicing this standard with the boys yet.  Today we finished Mara, Daughter of the Nile.  I read the ending aloud while they followed along in their own copies.  The last two chapters were full of quotes that related to symbol and theme.  I had them go back to the text and write down the important quotes in a creative way.  I wanted them to use color and make it visually appealing.  This combined their love for art with an important standard.  My example is on the top, and their examples are below.





With the next novel, I might have them keep track of important quotes on a separate sheet of paper.  It would be easier to go back and find important passages this way.


No comments:

Post a Comment