Monday, March 23, 2015

March Madness

What we've been doing: I remember all throughout middle school, high school, and even college, people talking about March Madness.  I never really got into it, but I remember it being a big deal.  Now all of my students play basketball, so I thought it would be a good way to connect with their lives.  As I set up the basic part on the board, they kept asking me what I was doing.  Even Rosa wanted to know what I was up to.  This sign to cover it peeked their curiosity even more.


The second week in March, I turned on the Pump It Up song from Spacejam nice and loud on a Monday morning.  I called the boys and told them to come into the classroom.  They walked in with big eyes, wondering what crazy thing we were going to do.




We watched this video that's an overview about the tournament.  Then, as we ate brownies, we all filled out our brackets.  Everyone voted for the first round of "games"

We did a mini tournament with a paper ball to see who could score the most points.  There was also a mini photo shoot with everything basketball related from the day.  The best part?  We got to swear jerseys and sweat pants.  Score!  Can't wait to find out the top book from the year (so far!).





Con mucho amor.

No comments:

Post a Comment