Monday, May 30, 2016

One Week

Heavenly Father,

I only have one week left in this beautiful country.  I thank You, Lord, for all that You have taught me.  Over these past two years I have grown so very much.  I think back to last year, all the times I wanted to leave the DR.  You faithfully sustained me, and now I don't want to leave.  I am trying to trust in Your plan for me, God.  I know it is better than what I have dreamed up.  Help me to finish well, Lord.  Help me to leave a legacy here in this city, in this country.    


I pray You will help me stay in close contact with my friends here in Santiago.  Bring me back to this crazy city soon, Lord.  I really don't think You are done with me here.  Going back to Oregon is going to be hard.  Help people to not forget to pray for me.  Help me to not forget to pray for them.  I cannot say thank You enough, Lord, for putting such amazing people in my life in Santiago.  You spoiled me with some really amazing friends. 








Bless the people and ministries I have worked with here in Santiago.  Bring more people to help with the work.  I know the harvest is plenty, but the workers are few.  I pray for more leaders in APPS, especially female leaders.  Stir up the hearts of people in Vida Nueva to want to serve the youth of the church and community.  Help APPS to not just be a fun place to be on Saturday nights, but help it to be a place where the young people are growing closer to You.   




I thank You for the lives of the girls at the Hogar de Ninas.  They are such sweethearts.  Dancing with them, crafting with them, eating with them.  Spending time with them is always one of the highlights of my week.  I pray You would do a mighty work in their hearts a lives.  Bring them to You, Lord.  Show them how loved they are.  Show them that You have a plan for their lives.  They are important.  They are noticed.    

I lift up New Hope to You today.  Oh Lord, do a mighty work in the lives of the girls there.  Help them to turn from their sin and run to the cross.  Give energy and strength to the employees at New Hope.  I especially lift up the teachers and nannies.  It is a hard and exhausting job, God.  Give them what they need to do what YOU have called them to do.  Continue to send interns to help.  Cast out the darkness and evil in the lives of the girls and bring them to You.  

I pray for Cantico Nuevo.  Bless that church financially, God.  Help them to grow and saturate Santiago with Your amazing HOPE.  I pray they would reach outward.  There are so many people searching for You, Lord.  I pray for their Sunday school program.  Give the leaders new ideas and help the kids to grow in You.  Help the little ones to not only learn stories about You, Lord, but show them what it is like to have a real relationship with You. 



I lift up Iglesia Bautista Vida Nueva today, Lord.  You have blessed me with two amazing church families here in the Dominican Republic.  Help Vida Nueva in the transitions that are coming.  Help it to be a church focused on the lost people in Santiago.  Help Vida Nueva to reach outward, as well.  I pray for the men and women's ministries at Vida Nueva.  Push people outside of their comfort zones, Lord.  Help Vida Nueva to reach new and more people through Real Momentum and the couple's retreats. Teach them new things.  Help more people to get involved with grupos de vida.  Help the different cultures and languages to mix well.  Help people to not just sit in the seats on Sunday, Lord, but fill them with a passion to serve You.     


I pray for Refugio, the young adult group at Vida Nueva.  Give the leaders wisdom as they plan activities.  Put creative ideas in their minds.  College is so difficult, Lord.  Help them flee from temptation.  Give people opportunities to speak about what they are passionate about.  Help every last Sunday of the month to be a time of encouragement, prayer, and togetherness.        

God, I pray for Andrew, Isaac, and Joseph.  The three boys You entrusted me with for the past two years.  I have loved watching them grow into men of You.  Watching them step out in faith.  Watching them pray and serve.  Watching them grow academically and spiritually.  Let the seed fall on fertile soil, Lord.  Help them to get baptized and take the next steps of faith.  Protect them, God, as they go back to SCS.  Keep them safe and guide their paths.  Don't let them fall into temptation.  Put amazing friends in their lives that will bring them to You.  Help them to be involved at a church or youth group.  Put mentors in their lives to help them when they have questions.  


Use me in a mighty way this summer in Oregon.  I thank You for the job You've given me this summer working at my church.  Help me to transform the lives of the youth in Oregon.  Fill me with more creative ideas.  Use me in my family.  Help us to read Your Word together.  Help us to really pray together.  Use me in the lives of my friends.  Help me to just have a fun summer where I can relax a little bit.  

Continue to show me what You want me to do with Satura and the creative workshops I have been giving.  Guide me in the next steps to take, Lord.  Show me what You want me to do in the future.  I pray You would bless the dreams and ideas You placed in my head.  Help me to serve You with my whole heart, Lord.  

Thank You.
Thank You.
Thank You.

In Your mighty name I pray, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment