Sunday, January 12, 2014

List #1: Significant Events in 2013

What I'm doing: Back in the day I read about 52 lists in 52 weeks.  The idea came from this blog.  I was going to participate several years ago, but I never got around to it.  Since 2014 has just begun, I thought list making would be a perfect way to write and create and doodle throughout the year.  So my first list will be...

Significant Life Events of 2013

1) 21: Getting dressed up and fancy for my 21st birthday.  Good thing people still think I look like I am in high school, though.  Mom says I will appreciate it someday when I am older.


2) Heaven gained an angel: My grandma passed away in April.  I miss her so very much.


3) Student teaching: This is a photo of my first teacher gift ever.  A yummy caramel apple on Halloween.  7th graders can be so difficult sometimes, but it is so incredibly rewarding.


4) Senior thesis:  I read at 800 page novel by Charles Dickens for my senior thesis.  I wrote a 20-page paper and presented it to my whole class and the English department faculty.  Never in my life have a read so much for one class.  Good thing it paid off since I received an A on my thesis!


5) Oahu: Spring break trip.  Cannot wait to return this year.


6) Kittens: I discovered my love for cats in 2013.  I got to play with kittens at my aunt's house.  My sister's house at school also has a cute kitty.  I WANT ONE!


7) Lip Sync: Getting to choreograph for lip sync with my little was a highlight of my junior year.


8) Family: They are crazy, but I love them. 


9) Friends: Each year it amazes me how much closer I become with the people around me.  New roommates, friends, classmates, sorority sisters, coworkers.  Here's just a sampling of the many relationships I treasure in my life.




10) Cooking: I also discovered a love for making things, mostly sweet treats.



11) Costa Rica: Getting to return over the summer to celebrate my host brother's wedding was one of my favorite moments of the year.  Seeing them at the airport seriously felt like I was home again.  How did I get so lucky? 


I can only imagine what 2014 will have in store. 

Con mucho amor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment