Saturday, July 30, 2016

Looking for Lovely

What I've been reading:  Throughout my life I have always been a fiction-lover.  In middle and high school I stuck to realistic fiction.  In college my taste switched to Christian fiction.  I fell in love with the Baxter family in Karen Kingsbury's series Redemption and then Sunrise.  I actually cried when I finished all 15 of them...  After college, though, my book taste switched to non-fiction, and that's where it's stayed these past few months.

Another summer read I kept seeing on social media was Looking for Lovely by Annie Downs.  After stalking her on Instagram, I decided to get her latest book.  I loved her concept of finding loveliness in everyday life.  At the end of each chapter she has a looking for lovely challenge, such as going on a walk and looking for what God wants you to see, or painting your nails.  I thought I might create a looking for lovely bucket list to put in a journal or something.

One thing that surprised me about this book is that it is much more autobiographical that I thought it was going to be.  Annie weaves tales of her struggles in life to connect with the topic of the book.  It is showing readers her own personal journey to find lovely.  It is a quick read that left me looking at the world in a different way, always searching to find beauty in the day to day.
 

Annie also wrote Let's All Be Brave, which sounds like a title I need to read.  What's on your summer reading list?

Con mucho amor.

No comments:

Post a Comment