Monday, November 2, 2015

It's Finally Fall

**forgot to post from October**

...well at least in our apartment and at the grocery store.  We have all our fall decorations up, and we even found pumpkins in the store last week!  Of course I documented it with a picture.  I was too excited to see a pumpkin.



We decided not to get any pumpkins because they would just rot and melt in the Dominican heat.

Several weeks ago Christin, Jessica, and I traveled downtown to a store called El Encanto.  We spent around an hour wandering and looking at their decorations.  We found fall leaves and cute fall colored fake flowers.  I decided I had to get some.  Last year I did not decorate for fall or do anything for Halloween.  This year I decided to splurge.

Above the couch we have two nails where we string a pretty ribbon or yarn for different banners.  At the beginning of the year we had the word "HOPE" held up with clothes pins.  Next we had these circle yarn weavings of the kids hanging for awhile.  Then I had a readathon banner.  I did not have anything prepared for fall.  I was kind of bummed about having to make something or spend money to create that decoration.

That weekend after we bought fall decorations, I received a package from my mom.  I was so excited to look and discover what treasures she sent me.  I opened it up, and I saw the cutest candy corn banner that fits perfectly between the two nails.  God knew what I needed and so did my mom.

The following week Christin and I were talking about fall scented candles.  Ever since senior year of college I have loved yummy scented candles.  I have Christmas scented candles, I have lavender candles, I have fruity candles, but no fall candles.  The next day my friend Lyndi came over and gave me a house warming present.  She gave me the cutest towel for the kitchen and a mulled cider scented candle!! I was so excited.

Yesterday Christin and I ventured to the mall.  I needed a new cell phone charger because mine broke, and she needed a new phone case.  We walked past a store that seemed like a pharmacy/decoration store.  I saw the cutest pumpkin lights in the window.  They were less than $10 and I fell in love.  We hung them over our sliding glass doors in the living room.  I was so excited for darkness to fall last night.  We lit the cider candle and



Now that I got these cute Halloween lights, I will have to keep the fall decorations up until at least November 5th or 10th.  But after that, bring on the Christmas decorations... :)  My favorite time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment