Monday, November 9, 2015

The unexpectable, the inexplainable

Sunday night I sat in a rocking chair in the mountains of Constanza.  It had been a rainy and dreary weekend, and I filled with sadness that it wasn't going to be a pretty sunset.  See, I love sunsets.  And sunrises.  I had zero expectations for what God had up His mighty sleeves.  He painted me this.  It was even prettier in person. 


He can do so much more than we ever think.  This was my prayer as I sat there watching the sky dance with colors. 

God, You amaze me.  

I love the sky.  It is bursting with colors right now.  The purple mountains silhouetted against the blue goldish sky.  You really are the God of wonders.  The fire tipped clouds perch on the end of the world.  

You are a BIG God in BIG moments.  But You also fill me with wonder at the little things.  It's crazy how sunsets can be so ordinary, yet so extraordinary at the same time.  

I love being filled with peace here God.  Help me to bring the peace and quiet and contentness back to Santiago with me. 

Oh God, the colors are changing just like how life changes.  Slowly.  Then all at once.  You are a God of wonders beyond our galaxy.  You are holy, God. 

Holy. 
Full of grace and compassion for Your children. 

You amaze me, God.  

Bring me closer to You.  Tuck me under Your arm.  Keep me safe  Guide my life and turn it into a masterpiece that only proclaims You, my Master.  My artist. 

Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment