Monday, August 8, 2016

I am strong in Him

What I've been creating:  I purchased my very first Illustrated Faith devotional kit the other week: I am Strong.  A life theme for 2016 is that I am so very weak and unqualified.  God fills me with His strength, though, and that is the main message of the devotional.  I kept checking the front porch for this box.  I felt like a little child on Christmas.


Each devotional kit comes with a stamp set, devotional book, washi tape, fun cut outs, paper clip, and sticker.  With VBS this weekend, I am soaking up the messages from Wilna Furstenberg and Jesus.


Here's the first page I completed in the devotional.  I used these watercolor markers from Amazon, as well as the stamps that came in the kit.  I had never heard of the word KAWA before.  Digging in deep to the meaning in Hebrew.


This second page is all about making progress in the midst of adversity.  My favorite part of this page is my little word map with the words "bravery" and "army."  I am such a visual learner, so mapping out my ideas helps me a lot.  



The third page I completed in the devotional was all about looking inward.  God is with us always, inside our hearts.  I used the devotional as inspiration to decorate Psalm 121-125 in my actual Bible.  I love creating in my Bible, but it is really nice to have the devotional to give me new ideas and inspiration.  I am glad I still have 11 entries left in this devotional.

Let us lean into God this week.  He is inside our hearts.  He will give us strength.

Con mucho amor.

No comments:

Post a Comment