Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Looking for the Extraordinary

What I've been learning:  After living in the Dominican Republic for two years, it has been a challenging adjustment to get back into life in the United States.  The other day I was having a little conversation with the Lord.  I was complaining about how my life in the U.S. is so ordinary.

When I lived in the DR I was constantly traveling, constantly using Spanish.  Even just a trip to the grocery store was an adventure.  Life in the United States just isn't the same.

As I was arguing with the Lord, I felt Him telling me that I need to be looking for the extraordinary in each day.  I am His.  Every day God is showing and teaching me something different.  I don't live a boring life.  I need to keep my eyes open for all He has waiting for me.  Life with Him is always an adventure.


The next morning I got up early to go for a walk.  I kept praying and singing as I made my way around the neighborhood.  All of a sudden, I look up and see the moon and a hot air balloon.  It was breathtaking.


Then, I kept walking and the river was covered in fog dancing across its surface.  God totally wrapped me in His arms that morning, showing me the little but mighty extraordinary moments that He gives me.


My roommate last year in the DR, Christin, was visiting a friend in Seattle.  I told her that Bolt Bus tickets to Portland were really cheap and that she should swing by for a few days.  All of a sudden we were in Oregon together!  Another one of our friends from the DR lives in Portland so the three of us ate Burgerville, talked, and prayed.  God is so good and knows exactly what we need.  I couldn't believe the three of us were together again.  It was an extraordinary few days!


"And amazement seized them all, and they glorified God and were filled with awe, saying, 'We have seen extraordinary things today.'" Luke 5:26

I found the extraordinary.  What are you looking for today?

Con mucho amor.

No comments:

Post a Comment