Monday, September 10, 2012

I am with you

What I'm reading: Jesus Calling is one of my very favorite devotional books. It has a short encouragment with a few verses at the bottom of the page. Today's entry was too perfect not to share. Being abroad has taught me a great deal already. I rely on prayer ten times more here in Costa Rica than I do at home. I need to remember that God is with me in Oregon and in Costa Rica.

I never distance Myself from you. As I assured Jacob, when he was journeying away from home into unknown places, I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go.

For the mountains may move and the hills disappear, but even then my faithful love for you will remain. Isaiah 54:10
What’s more, I am with you, and I will protect you wherever you go. One day I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have finished giving you everything I have promised you. Genesis 28:15

Con mucho amor.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I'm reading this too while I'm in Spain! (Well, mine is "Jesus te llama, but whatever, it's the same book because the passage this day was the same.) Such a fitting verse for both of us on our adventures! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the book in Spanish?! What a good idea. I just bought a Spanish/English bible yesterday. Each page has both languages on it. It's perfect for church. :)

    ReplyDelete