Sunday, September 2, 2012

Las musas y la iglesia

What I'm doing: Yesterday we went to a place called Las Musas. We had to take a taxi, and there were 6 of us. One of our friends ended up chasing down a van taxi and we all climbed in. I am sure the taxi driver probably thought we were crazy because we were taking pictures and giggling in the back seats.


There was a beautiful waterfall that we swam around, and a huge pool. There is also ziplining and horse back riding that we did not do. The waterfall was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. It really felt like we were in a forest by ourselves!


We took lots of silly pictures by the pool and entrance. Almost our whole group went to las musas together, which was so fun to spend time together.



I also got a cell phone yesterday! I have around 7 contacts and received my first text and call yesterday!

My goal for this week: to stop speaking English. One of my friends who went abroad last year told me: "It's easier to speak english but you're there to challenge yourself and learn my love." And that is exactly what I need to do.

Last night I went to a youth group at the church my family goes to. We played some silly games, sang a few songs and listened to a message. Today I went to church with them. The youth group definitley reminded me of campaigners/Younglife in high school. I was much more shy than normal; it is harder to connect with people in another language because a lot of the time I do not know how to ask the deep questions that friendships and relationships are based on. I understood a lot of the sermons, but not everything. I figured that God would let me hear what I needed to hear. :)

I really feel like God has a purpose and plan for me here in Costa Rica, but I just do not know what it is yet. Some of my favorite points from church:
  • No necesito tomar y fumar para disfrutar.
  • Donde estan los critianos en este tiempo?
  • Necesito la paz del Dios.
  • La esperanza con El que es la fuente de la vida.
  • Has escuchado a que el Dios tratando decir a usted?
What I'm loving: These quotes. :)




from: here, here, and here

Con mucho amor.

No comments:

Post a Comment