Thursday, September 20, 2012

Mexican Dancing in CR

What I'm doing: I just had to write one last blog post before we leave tomorrow for our field trip. Tonight me and two friends went and saw traditional Mexican dancing. It was one of my favorite things I have done in Costa Rica! The first dance was very serious and everyone was frowning.

The rest of the dances were upbeat and very exciting to watch.




My favorite dance was when the guys had big knives. They were throwing them around and dancing with them. It made the coolest sound! It was incredible to watch. I kept thinking they would drop one or get hurt, but that never happened.

The girls wore the prettiest outfits. They had one huge skirts and dresses that were full of vibrant colors! They were screaming and whistling at eachother. It was so entertaining and fun to watch.



I have to pack for the field trip tomorrow and sleep still. :) But tonight was totally worth it.

Con mucho amor.

No comments:

Post a Comment