Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sissy

What I'm thinking about: This week my sister is headed off to college for the first time. I love it in Costa Rica, but I am very sad I am missing this important moment in her life. These past few weeks were also important for my sorority. Seeing all the pictures and photos make me miss home.


I decided to come up with a list of things I miss about home, and I list of things that I am grateful for here in Costa Rica. :)

What I miss most from home:
  • pretzels!
  • cudding with mom on the couch
  • texting my best friend 24/7
  • singing along to country music in the car
  • DRIVING
  • being able to call anyone at anytime to make a Starbucks/Dutch run
  • late night McD runs at college
  • jumping on my sissy's bed and attempting to cuddle with her
  • church with my family
What I am SO grateful for here in CR:
  • The best family here! I am beyond blessed to be with them. They are the nicest people I have ever met in my life.
  • A wonderful host mom who washes all my laundry and makes me the best meals.
  • The opportunity to practice my Spanish on a daily basis.
  • Getting to meet new people every day.
  • An AMAZING church here that is so loving and willing to serve God.
  • The funniest and most enthusiastic professors.
  • The fact that I am growing in my faith so much, and learning to lean on God through everything.
So, good luck to the best sister I could ask for! I know you are going to do great things in college. The time flies by faster than you will ever know, so never wish for it to be over. You will meet the best people and be given amazing opportunities to grow and learn. LOVE YOU SISSY!!!

Con mucho amor.

No comments:

Post a Comment