Monday, October 1, 2012

Animales durante la gira

What I'm doing: We got back from our latest fieldtrip last night at 8:30pm. We had class today at 8:30am...less than 12 hours to recouperate! This post is going to be about the amazing animals we got to see this weekend! I will write another post later this week about everything else we did on the field trip.
  • Poision dart frog: We saw this at one of the places we stayed. The bright colors caught our eye in the tree. I have never seen one of these in the wild, so that was really neat.

  • Baby and mom monkey! This was my favorite thing that I saw this weekend. We saw the momma monkey in the tree, and then we saw her trying to keep her baby on her back! It was SO SO cute. The baby is so little and tiny. I am really glad that we got to see this. :)
  • Baby cow and its mom: The very first day we stopped by a small community, and saw this little cow that had been born that morning! It was precious and could barely walk. Yes, this is not really wildlife, but it was just too cute not to write about.
  • Spider/scorpion mix: This disgusting thing was on our bathroom floor!! There were a ton of bugs in this bungalow that Kristin, Chandler, Syd and I stayed in for the night. Kristin, Chandler and I all slept in the same bed because we were scared of the bugs. Luckily we did not find this one until the morning when we were leaving. It was GIANT!

  • SLOTHs: We saw a few on the side of the road while we were driving to the various places, but this one we saw on our walk through the jungle. Jose found it in the trees, but it took me awhile to see it. It blended in with the tree trunk. It just sat there, and I did not see its face. But I was still very excited, because I wanted to see a sloth for the past month while I have been here!
  • White faced monkey: This was the first type of monkey that we saw on our nature walk through the forest after snorkeling. There were 5 of them in the trees, and this one got SO close to us! They normally travel in families and packs, so they are never alone. These monkeys were smaller than some of the others we saw.
  • Racoon: This guy came right next to us when we were standing in the forest talking! I was surprised because we were being very loud, so they must be used to people coming near their territory. It started digging right in front of us for food. I did not want to be too close to it, though, since they can be aggressive and dangerous.

Well, that's all for now! I will try to write a longer post about the rest of the field trip soon. :) Anyone have any questions about my trips or things they are wondering about the culture?!

Con mucho amor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment