Monday, October 22, 2012

The Little Things

What I'm doing: Last week was filled with the little things of life that makes me appreciate everyone I have met here in Costa Rica. The first thing is my little cousin. She is 9 years old, and loves coming over to talk to me. Last Sunday her and her brother came over and we played cards! I taught them slap jack, and we played a verson of spoons. They loved playing slap jack! I felt bad, though, because she gets in trouble for being over here all the time! She told me she had a dream about me; that we were in my room talking and there was an earthquake. I was hiding on my bed and she was telling me it was okay. Too precious. :) It is her first communion on Saturday, and I want to get her something! Maybe a cross necklace? Now I just need to find one in San Ramon.


Second, is my host mom. I am so lucky that I got placed with the host family that I did. We have been reading the bible together some nights. I read it out loud, and she corrects my pronunciation. And then we talk about the passage. Last week we read her favorite books from the bible. We read Psalm 23 and Psalm 91.


Third, is coffee dates with my friend Sarah. We had not seen eachother in three weeks because we are both so busy! We met at Aromas Cafe and had hot chocolate and a brownie last Wednesday. It was so nice to catch up and have a heart to heart. After Aromas she introduced me to her host mom and we walked around the University of Costa Rica before church started. I am so lucky that I have gotten to know her over the past month.

I will write more later about my weekend events!

Con mucho amor.

No comments:

Post a Comment