Saturday, October 8, 2016

Amos

What I've been reading:  I decided to read through the minor prophets in the Bible because I had never read through them before.  To be quite honest, when I started I did not think I would find any way to relate it to my life.  Boy was I wrong.  Here's what I created and learned.

Amos 6:  I want to be in situations that are much bigger than my abilities so that I can watch God work.  I don't want to be comfortable or at ease.  I don't want to be complacent.  God will use me so much more when He is pushing me.  What a dangerous prayer to pray. 

Amos 4:  Lifting up Haiti in prayers as the waters rushed over their lands and disaster struck for the millionth time on their country. 

Amos 7:  What is God saying to you? 

Later I added this post it with some more information about the chapter.  It's interesting how God told Amos many things, but how Amos was also in constant communication with the Lord.  God listened to Amos, as well.  

Amos 8:  I was fascinated with the imagery of fruit in this chapter.  I realized how it represented sin in our lives, like the fruit Adam and Eve at in the Garden of Eden.  I was also very excited to get to use my fruit stamps.  The pineapple is my favorite.  I used my watercolor markers with the stamps instead of a normal ink pad.  

Amos 9:  We can't hide from God.  He will always find us.  He is always looking for us.  But are we looking for Him?  
 
Amos 3:  I was trying out a new style with this page.  I wanted something simple.  Are we walking in accordance with the Lord?  Are we walking hand in hand with Him every single day? 

My challenge for you?  Read a book of the Bible you've never read before and see what God will teach you!

Con mucho amor.

No comments:

Post a Comment