Wednesday, March 2, 2016

24

What I'm doing to celebrate: This year I turned the big 2-4.  It seems like such a big number.  I told that to the boys and they said, "You said the same thing last year."  My birthday was such a fun day.

It began right when I woke up and got to open the package my mom sent with me in December.  She sent a birthday card in the mail, but it sometimes takes a long time to get mail in Santiago.  Even without a card, it was nice to have a piece of home to open on my special day.


Christin was an awesome roommate and decorated my classroom and laid out cute cards the students made for me.  She wrote a clever note with cute little gifts.  The cards from the kids were so special and nice.  The girls are so incredibly artistic, and the boy's precious notes melted my heart.





Rosa brought me the biggest balloon bunch I have ever seen, and we celebrated at lunch with pizza.  Unfortunately Andrew and Joseph weren't feeling very well and couldn't stay for the whole day.  Isaac was having a lot of fun singing, as you can see in the funny picture.



The night of my birthday I met up with some friends at Mari's Cakes for more pizza.  Corinne came all the way from La Vega to celebrate, and Amanda came straight from work.  Nathaly offered to drive us, and it was so fun to laugh, talk, and eat good food.





I felt so spoiled and loved by the gifts, texts, posts on Facebook and messages.  Thank you all for making my birthday so special.  Here's to many new adventures in a new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment