Thursday, March 3, 2016

Create

What I've been making:  Bible journaling has been so revolutionary in my walk with God this year.  I started off super strong with painting in January, but lately I haven't been taking as much time to express myself; however, here are some of my latest creations.



At church we have been learning about Nehemiah over the past month.  I had never read the story before, but it has so many amazing applications for our lives nowadays.  Here are the few pages I have started so far in this book of the Bible. 



The second week of the series Pastor John preached about how we need walls to keep the bad out and doors to let the good into our lives.  Satan will attack our lives, and we need to be prepared and ready to fight.  We also need to hold our weapons while we work - and are we working for the kingdom of God?

The fourth week of the Nehemiah series was very powerful.  The devil is going to use distractions to knocks us down from what we are doing.  If he can't distract us then he will discourage us.  I can so easily identify with those two strategies he uses.  But God is more powerful.  

"Our fight is not with people.  It is against the leaders and powers and the spirits of darkness in this world.  It is against the demon would the works in the heavens."  -Ephesians 6:12



Valentine's Day has always been one of my favorite holidays.  Even though I have been single for the past 24 years on this holiday, I just love celebrating love.  My friend Carla made a beautiful card for her boyfriend using the pattern of the heart from the page above.  I used the pattern as inspiration for this page.  How amazing is it that God's love endures forever...  He will love us more in a single moment than anyone could love us in a lifetime.  


God, please put a desire in my being to absorb Your Precious Word into my heart today.  Use these images, verses, and stories to bring others to read Your Word.  I know it is how You, Father, speak to me.  You know exactly what I need to hear and read, and You reveal it to me through the Bible.  Give others a desire to talk to You.  In Your MIGHTY name I pray, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment