Thursday, March 3, 2016

Oren sin cesar

What I've been learning:  PRAY and REST have been my two words for 2016.  One I have been doing really well, and one I have been struggling with lately.

I started prayer journaling September 2014 when I first got to the Dominican Republic.  I bought a basic composition notebook, and used markers, pens, colored pencils, and watercolors to journal praises and petitions to my Heavenly Father.  A couple weeks ago my heart was sad to finish the notebook that begin the transformation in my heart, bringing me closer to Him.  I have another notebook that quickly took its place in my spiritual life.  Not only do I write my prayers, but I also cover the pages in verses, worship songs, and quotes that touch my heart.




It is incredible to look back on past prayers and the miraculous ways God has answered them.  "Never stop praying" from 1 Thessalonians 5:16 has really been a way of life for me since moving to Santiago.  It is really all I can do sometimes.

"And this is the confidence that we have toward Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.  And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of Him."  1 John 5:14-15

I've been trying to incorporate prayer into every aspect of my life, including the ministry at church that I help with, APPS Joven.  I have loved working with the youth group at church, and I have been trying to help instill practices to cover the ministry in prayer.  The first Saturday we spent 20 minutes praying before the group started, I was blown away.  God really answered.  40 young people showed up.  One girl asked, "Is tonight some special night?"  Nope.  Just a normal Saturday youth group.  The difference?  God was there with us.  We went before His throne and asked Him to send the young people that needed to be there.  He did.

Last Saturday I got together with two ladies from church and we spent the morning praying together.  Tears, laughter, and amazement at what God is doing filled our time at the kitchen table with our hands folded and heads bowed.

"Where two or three are gathered, there I will be also."  Matthew 18:20

Are you talking to God?  How is He working in your life?

Con mucho amor.

No comments:

Post a Comment