Thursday, March 17, 2016

"I have overcome the world."

What I've been making:  I went on a painting spree over the past few weeks.  There are more pages that I have wanted to paint, but I haven't had the time.  First 5 App is doing a series on Leviticus, which has been fascinating.  I have never wanted to read that book of the Bible, but the devotionals make it easy to connect to our lives.  Hopefully in the next few weeks I can start to fill that book of the Bible with paint, stickers, washi tape, prayers, and reflections about God.

John 16:33 is a verse that I drew in my prayer notebook a month or so ago.  I decided to paint in my Bible.  It is one of my favorite pages.


I've finished a few more pages in Nehemiah.  It's my goal to finish all of the pages in the chapter of the Bible.  It has been so neat to study this book of the Bible at church each week.


"And they offered great sacrifices that day an rejoiced, for God had made them rejoice with great joy; the women and children also rejoiced.  And the joy of Jerusalem was heard far away."  Nehemiah 12:43

I love that their rejoicing was heard far away...  How powerful.  They were so excited about God and His goodness that they lit up their towns and cities.  They were on fire for Him.  Let's apply that to our lives now.  Are people far away able to tell how much we love the Lord? 


My mom sent me this link to a blog about how to paint watercolor feathers.  I used their instructions to paint Psalm 91.  I also made a copy to give to a couple friends on watercolor paper.  It's amazing to paint on watercolor paper.  It looks so much prettier.


"He will cover you with His feathers.  And under His wings you will find refuge;  His faithfulness is a shield and a buckler."  Pslam 91:4


This week was a week full of prayer.  Praying in Spanish, in English, with small groups, with a larger group, by myself.  I feel God pulling me closer and closer to Him.  This past Saturday I was feeling a little discouraged, but I saw this quote from Lysa Terkeurst that really touched my heart.


I went to the college group at church and we sang this song, No Puedo Callar.  I loved the verses and chorus.  I used the song as inspiration for this creation in my sketchbook.


The lyrics in English read...

Jesus changed my crying into joy
You erased my past
Today I live in the Light
We dance in Your freedom
Your life is in my being
We sing for You
Gloria, oh God
The joy of Your salvation
I cannot keep quiet 

Every Monday I have been going to a women's group at church.  It has been such a joy to get to know the ladies there.  Spending time praying and reading God's word with such wise women is the best way to start my week.  This week I made these little encouraging notes to give to them.  Using my talent for painting and creating to bless the lives of others is fun.


How are you blessing the lives of others?  What is God teaching you?

Con mucho amor.

No comments:

Post a Comment