Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Arrows, Watercolor and Love

What's inspiring me: Arrows are so simple, but they make a wonderful point (literally and figuratively :] ).




from: here, here and here

What I'm creating: Here are my ICADs for the past few days!  I have been using watercolors for the background of my index cards lately.  I want to take a class or something to figure out other ways to use watercolors. 



I made time today to work on some art journal pages, which I have not done in a few days.  Whenever I am just sitting and making things, it is my break from the world.  A few seconds to breathe and put my creativity to the test. :)  The first page is from art journal #1.  I used the same theme of arrows on this page.  The watches were a part of the existing page, and I painted around them.


These next two pages are from art journal #2.  I mostly used paper scraps on these pages.  The only thing I wish I changed was the first page you can see the words from the other side of the page, but other than that, I love how these turned out!



What I'm reading/sites I love: I love reading books and discovering new sites and articles!  I found Womens Health magazine has a great website with tons of workouts and advice.  Here was a quote that I found very interesting.  "Dating success relies on you embracing your life, even if it's not exactly the life you had planned," says Michelle Callahan, Ph.D., a Women's Health contributor and author of Ms. Typed: Stop Sabotaging Your Relationships and Find Dating Success. "Radiating self-assurance makes people want to join you for the ride."



from: here and here

Much love and enjoy Wednesday tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment