Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Two or More and Books Galore

What I'm listening to:  Today at work I spent a great deal of time in my car, so I was listening to the radio.  And I heard my new favorite song...Cheers by Rhianna is so good!  "Life is too short to sit around being miserable."  It is the perfect song for summer and the weekends.  Love it.  :)

Also, last Sunday at church I had the opportunity to listen to Two or More.  The group consists of three brothers and one of their friends.  They also sing in spanish, which I thought was neat.  Here is the Lords Prayer as a song.  Here is Lord I Lift Your Name on High.  They spoke inbetween playing songs, and I loved their message about how regardless of the plans we make, God has bigger plans for us.  One of the brothers said, "When the chips are down, you may not be happy, but when you love the Lord, you have a joy in your heart."

photo from: here 

What I'm reading:  Tonight I went to Powells and got a few books.  I had checked out Creative is a Verb, but as I started reading, I realized that I needed to buy it so I could underline and mark up all of the pages!  Patti Digh is a genius and gifted writer.  "This is a book about waking up to the beauty around you-the beauty of seeing more and livijng more deeply" (p. 14).  This book has quotes sprinkles throughout the pages, which I love.  And at the end of each chaper Digh has activities to help readers become more creative.  She talks about using index cards as a canvas, which reminds me a lot of a different index card project... :)  I'll post quotes and activities I like from the book as I read it!

I also got a devotional called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  My friend had the book and read me a few passages throughout school last year.  And when I found it on sale for $5, I knew I had to buy a copy for myself.  The cover is a brown color, so I think I might paint or collage over it, which is what another friend of mine did.  Put my own creative twist on it.

What I'm watching:  Last night I went and saw the movie, The Help.  I had also read the book, but the movie was SO good!  I almost started crying several times...and I did not cry in the book.  So I think that shows how good it was. :)  Emma Stone (Skeeter) has been in so many movies lately.  Easy A, Crazy, Stupid Love, and now this one!


photo from: here

The alumni dance went very well this weekend.  You can read all about it on my friends blog, here. :)  What was your favorite thing you did this weekend?

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment