Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Back to Blogging :)

What I'm doing: I made it back safely after living in a tiny rv with my family for the past week or so!  It was one of the most physically demanding vacations I have ever been on, but it was so worth it.  I saw waterfalls, canyons, stairs, barns, moose, fox, a black bear, and more stars than I have ever seen in my life!  Here are some of my favorite photos from the trip.


This bison came down the path and set right on the other side of the barrier from us!  We got to see so many wild animals from a much closer perspective than normal.

I loved the winding branches of these trees..  So simple and pretty.


We literally saw the waterfalls at the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone from eery possible angle, but it was amazing to see it every time.

We hiked down 328 stairs on Uncle Toms Trail to see this view.  The only bad part was having to walk back up all of those stairs.  Needless to say, we took lots of breaks on the way back up.

We saw so many hats fall onto the thermal areas around Yellowstone.  The ground is not strong enough for people to stand and get their hats.

I loved the heart shaped pools, and the colors were spectacular.

Good Old Faithful.

There was a window in the church we went in to that framed the Grand Teton Mountains.  Amazing view, and I loved how the cross was in front of His Creation.

This was on Mormon Row, a series of houses and barns where Mormons onced lived.

The view after a steep hike we took.

This is one of my favorite photos from the trip.  It is also from Mormon Row and has been featured on many postcards, which is understandable.  This was one of my favorite spots to take photos on the trip.  I wish we had more time so I could look at the other houses that were along the abandoned road.

Overall, it was an amazing trip, and it made me so thankful for flushing toilets, a real bed and a hot shower.  I will post my ICADs that I made on the trip tomorrow, and I'll show the scrapbook I have been working on from the trip! 

Much love and glad to be back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment