Thursday, July 21, 2011

Vacation

What I'm doing: Friday morning my family is leaving for a roadtrip in an RV to Yellowstone!  We have never been there before and never done an RV trip before so I am sure there will be many adventures.  So I do not think I will be able to post while we're on the road, so today's post will be the last post for a little bit! 

What I'm going to be reading: Today I went to the library to stock up on books for our trip.  Here are the ones I will be reading.  I will let you know what I think of them!

1) Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs (recommended by a friend!)
2) Open City by Teju Cole
3) Little Princes by Conor Grennan
4) i think i love you by Allison Pearson

What I'm creating: I finally made some time today to make more art journal pages, and I made quite a few since I had not many any in awhile.  Here is my ICAD for today.  This one is made from scraps from the other pages from today.  I missed the halfway mark celebration on the 16th, but that is okay.  I plan on taking cards with me on the trip so I'll try to continue the project on the road. :)


Here are the pages I made in art journal #1 today.  I loved the feather earrings on the first page from today, so I was excited to incorporate them into the bird themed page.  The quote followed the theme of the page perfectly.  The second page is just a collage of magazine pages that go along with the quote.  The last page is simple, but I have had the balloon concept ready in my mind for awhile, so I am pleased with how all of these pages turned out!




Here are the pages I created today in art journal #2.  A new technique, stamping tissue paper, is showcased on the first page.  I used scraps of paper along the right border of the second spread.



Okay, well I have a ton of packing and cleaning to do but spend a few days creating something beautiful while I am gone and tell me about it in a comment. :)

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment