Saturday, July 9, 2011

Library Trip

What I'm reading:  I just finished two really good books this week.  I have heard lots of good things about The Help, and I finally got around to reading it.  I got so attached to the characters and I found myself cheering them on as I read.  I am looking forward to seeing the movie when it comes out later this summer.  Hopefully it is as good as the book. :)  I also just finished reading The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen.  My sister gave it to me to read around a year ago, and I am so glad that I read it.  It was the perfect mixture of a romance story and a story about a family trying to stay together.  One of my favorite quotes from the book is, "I'd long ago learned not to be picky in farewells.  They weren't guaranteed or promised.  You were lucky, more than blessed, if you got a goodbye at all."

Today I went to the library for the first time in ages.  I ended up checking out several books with ideas for art journals.  If I end up finding anything good, I'll let you guys know the titles!  I also checked out 19 Minutes by Jodi Picoult, and I cannot wait to start reading it next week.

What I bought: I got three new books from the book cellar at the library that I plan on altering some day! Here are the covers of all three of them:
Book 1: come love with me and be my life by Peter McWilliams
Book 2: loving promises especially for you by Helen Steiner Rice
Book 3: the scented room by Barbara Milo Ohrbach


Book one: I liked this book because it has a ton of love poems in it.  Also, they are short so there is lots of white space on the pages to decorate and change.


Book two: This book has poetry about loving the Lord.  There are bible verses and beautiful watercolor flowers.  These books might be too pretty for me to change!  The cover is a mint green. 



Book three: This blue print is on the inside of the cover and it is what drew me in.  I love love love the print!  It is beautiful.  There are also lots of photos of flowers throughout the book which I will need to come up with a creative way to play with those pages. :)



What I'm creating: The paper bag book is coming along really well.  I fully finished the first two pages today!  I filled them with stamps, quotes and scraps of ribbon.  The quote on the post it note came from someone I heard at work.  Crazy where you can find inspiration!  It is kind of hard to read, but it says, "the more you worry about stuff, the more good time you burn." 


Here is a page from art journal #2.  I used a leaf stencil that my mom had.  The border is created using gel pens. 


Here is  page from art journal #1.  It is kind of hard to read, but the quote on the left side of the page under the photo says, "patience is the key to paradise."  The photo came from a piece of junk mail!  The pocket on the right side of the page is made of construction plans.  I put a fancy quote inside the little pocket.


Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment