Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day!

Happy 4th of July everyone. :)  I have been busy making things today since I did not have to work!

What I'm creating:  Here is my ICAD for the 4th, very appropriate for today.


I made a canvas for a friend today.  It is much simpler than I normally make things because I did not make it collage style, but I love the way it turned out.  I used a ribbon and the simple message of strength, which can carry someone through many trials in life.  For the background I used a technique I've been playing with recently.  I took an old gift card and put the paint directly on the canvas (or page if I'm doing it in an art journal), then using the credit card, I spread and mixed the paint. 


In journal #1 today I created a 4th of July spread about American Dreams.  I left space on the white lines to fill in my own journaling and thoughts.  I used bubble wrap as a stamp on one of the pages.


Journal #2:  The background is watercolor and I used magazine clippings and my new washi tape.


Journal #3: This is the page that I made the background on yesterday.  It still looks a little bare though, so I am trying to think of what else to put on this page.  I might write quotes maybe?  Any ideas?


Tonight I will fall asleep to the sounds of fireworks in the night.  What did you all do for the 4th?

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment