Saturday, July 2, 2011

Saturday Love

Lately, Saturdays have been my favorite days of the week.  Its nice to relax and not have to work, plus I have been having adventures out and about.  Today it was actually sunny and I went downtown with my family.  Mom, sis and I got pedicures while Dad drank coffee and waited patiently. :) We then walked around and shopped.

What I wore/What I'm reading: I also loved today because I got my new Glamour magazine.  They focused on street style in this issue which I thought was neat, and they featured fashion bloggers.  Gabi Gregg at http://www.youngfatandfabulous.com/ is my new icon.  She is a gorgeous plus sized blogger and I LOVE her style.  And I love how she does not care about her size.  She posted photos of her in a bikini and even a tent style maxi dress, both which would be considered "no's" for bigger people.  One quote from the magazine interview was, "Ignore the rules.  I always tell my readers to stop saying 'I wish I could pull that off,' and just do it!" 

So today I decided to wear my romper!  Huge fashion risk for me.  I've been trying to find the perfect cheap romper and I tried on a strapless one earlier this summer that just did not look the best.  But I ended up finding a tank top style blue one from Forever21 that was on sale for $10 so I thought I might as well buy it.  And I loved wearing it today!  It keeps me cool and is so cute for the summer time.  Here it is paired with a white tank, forever 21 necklace and Nordstroms sweater (with Dad and sissy downtown):





from: here and here

What I bought: While we were downtown I made a few purchases, of course.  I found washi tape!  I've been reading about it on a million different blogs, and I found it at a bookstore.  I also discovered this vinal type fabric that came in a ton of different prints.  It was $3 a foot so I just got a little but I think I am going to use it for a journal or planner cover.  My mom got me this cute pen that says it has an extra large ink holder and will last for 7 years; I just liked the cute feather on the top. :)


What I'm listening to: I have never watched The Voice before in my life until this week.  I watched the final episode, and although I was not thrilled, I loved Javier Colon's voice!  Here is the youtube video of Stich by Stich which is the first song I heard by him.

What I'm creating: The first page I painted yellow and cut out several quotes from another book I got at a thrift store.  I found the frames in a different Nordstroms catalogue, and the red flowers is a stamp from my aunt that I put on top of blue watercolor paper I made.

The second page is a collection of papers I got today.  The black and white frame was the wrapping from the new pen I got today, and the checked paper is from my pizza today!  Don't worry I tore it off before it got all gross from the pizza, although my sister was mortified when I told her I was going to use it in some project. :)




My mom thought I should make the photos bigger so readers could see my pages better!  What do you think of the larger size?

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment