Thursday, July 7, 2011

Brown Bag

What I'm creating: I found this video from the Journal Junk blog when I was searching around last night.  I loved the idea of creating something useful and beautiful out of something that most people would use for trash.  I made a smaller journal using the bottom of the paper bags.  I used masking tape and string to hold the pages together, and I used a doilie on the cover!



I have the main pages of paper bags set up to make a larger journal, but I do not know how big to make it.  What do you think?  I love using paper bags because I don't feel like there is pressure to make the pages perfect.  I can just fill them with me. :)

Here are two pages I made in journal #1.  For the top page I used a stencil I got at Michaels yesterday.  The bottom page is not my favorite, but I love the quote I pasted on: "Life is a beautiful struggle."



What I'm watching/What's inspiring me: I was watching So You Think You Can Dance last night and Caitlynn and Michell's dance last night, and it was amazing!  Here is the video for their dance; acutal dancing starts at 3:23, and I had chills even after it was over. :)

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment