Monday, April 11, 2016

A Prayer

Heavenly Father,

Sometimes I feel so worn out.  I feel so tired.  Give me strength and energy to do the job You have called me to do.

I praise You for all the wonderful people You have placed in my life in the Dominican Republic.  Thank You for pushing me to go to Bible study tonight even though I felt so tired.  It is such a blessing to share with the women at church.  Continue to unify IBVN.  

I thank You for not abandoning Your children.  I am amazed at the way You answer our prayers in Your timing.

Guide me in what and where You want me to be next year, Lord.  Help me to be obedient to where You are calling me.  Push me outside of my comfort zone so that I need to trust You every day.  Help others to understand what You are doing in my life.

Help me to love those around me with all my heart, soul, and energy.  Continue to place people in my life here in Santiago that need to see Your light and grace and power.  Use me, Lord, here in Santiago.  Use me, Lord, wherever You will call me next.

Protect me and keep me safe.  Forgive me for not trusting You more.  Forgive me for the sins that I fall in every day, for my discontentment.  Help me to appreciate all the things You have blessed me with.  Help me to sing and dance when we have running water, and when we don't, allow me to pray for those around me in the world who constantly live like this.

Provide what I need, Lord.  Thank You for loving me so very well.  Do miracles.  Work through me to bring others closer to You.

Again, Lord, as I sit in my classroom, let me sleep well tonight so I can teach with all my heart tomorrow.  Give me time to spend just You and me.  Fill me up so that I may overflow into the lives of others.

In Your precious and powerful and mighty name I pray all these things.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment