Monday, April 4, 2016

Vamos a pasear

Where I've been traveling:  In the beginning of March, I left the city of Santiago for the first time since November (not counting Christmas break in December in the USA).  I got to travel with my students, with friends, and with a church.

New Hope

Thursday, March 10th we took a special day to go to La Vega and help at the New Hope house.  New Hope is a school and safe house for girls.  They just recently purchased a piece of land with a big house.  We went to help paint.




It was fun to get out and serve with our students.  Last semester and year we were helping out at Yve's school, but this semester has been too crazy for us to do that.  Instilling values of service in the lives of others is important.

Sosua

Friday, March 11th there was no school.  We took advantage of the day to go to the beach.  At first the trip was just going to be my roommate and I, but then we invited our friends Lyndi and Corinne.  We made a special trip to eat at Gorditos.





Then we sat on the beach and splashed in the waves.  It was such a nice and relaxing way to spend a day off.  Our bus ride home was a little cold.  I was bundled up.  We went to Mari's Cakes for dinner and dessert when we got back since the bus station was close to the restaurant.



Santo Domingo 

Sunday, March 13th one of the churches I sometimes attend had a national service together in the capital.  We piled in a bunch of cars and made our way to the botanical gardens.




I had never been there before, and I would love to go back and explore some more.  It was nice to sing and be with a bunch of people praising the Lord together.

I also spend spring break (Semana Santa) in Costa Rica with mom, dad, and sis, but that will go in a separate blog post.  :)

Con mucho amor.

No comments:

Post a Comment