Thursday, April 28, 2016

Weary

What I've been learning/doing:  Rain pattered on the roof.  Lightning flew by the window.  Avenida 9 flooded.  The cool air wrapped around me as I snuggled in bed.  The past two weeks the weather has been perfect.  It has been such a nice change from the 90 degree temperatures we had at the beginning of April.  I even got to wear my scarf a few days this week.


I have been so tired lately.  I haven't had time to journal or paint.  I have been working working working.  Teaching and serving can quickly lead to burnout.  The good thing is that I know that, and I have been trying to not plan activities and hanging out with people as much.  I need to rest.  (I've even been drinking some coffee to help me wake up in the morning or afternoon!)


Last night I had the apartment to myself, and I blasted worship music as I reflected and soaked up Isaiah 40.  I know that I literally cannot teach and serve on my own strength.  God, please come fill me up so I can overflow into the lives of others.


"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."  Isaiah 40:29-31

Prayer requests: 

  • Chloe and I are sharing at youth group at church this Saturday!  Pray that the Holy Spirit puts the Spanish words in our mouths.  Pray that girls show up and that they take something away from the message.  Our topic is: Que te llena? /// What fills you?  We will be talking about body image and confidence.  
  • Tuesday we leave for our mission trip to Haiti.  Please pray for safety and protection.  Please pray for ease as we cross the border.  Please pray for God to teach my students and I something big.  Pray that we can make new friends and touch hearts.  
  • My future.  I'm trying to figure out what's next as my time in the DR ends.  God has been sharing and showing me little by little.  Pray for wisdom and guidance as He reveals what's next.  He has a big adventure for me, that's for sure.  :) 
Need any prayer?  Write down a request in the comment section below!

Con mucho amor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment