Friday, April 8, 2016

Just do it

What I've been doing for exercise:  Christin and I have been trying to work out a lot lately.  After my kidney stone episode in January, the doctor told me I needed to spend more time getting healthy.  He also noticed a slight curve in my back in the x-ray.  He said it could be corrected with exercise.

I hate running, but Christin and I have found some awesome videos that we do in our apartment.  I don't have the money to go to the gym, but I am motivated to workout in the apartment.  It makes it ten times easier to workout with someone else pushing me.  "Higher high knees, Hillary!"  Christin frequently yells.  :)


Here are some of my favorite videos.

Barre: This is a combination of ballet and conditioning.  Christin and I found this one routine that we love.

Kingdom Come - Barre

Zumba:  I love dancing, and these videos are so fun.  It doesn't even seem like I am working out, but the sweat dripping off our noses and chins indicates that we definitely are burning calories.

Salo - Adrenalina

Salo - Darte un beso (great for a cool down)

Salo - Shawty got moves

Insanity:  This is an intense work out program.  We just use the warm up and the fit tests and get a great workout.

Insanity Cardio Abs

Insanity Warm Up

Insanity Fit Test

Tone it up:  Karina and Katrina have an awesome program.  Their workouts aren't super long, but they kick my butt.  Here are some of my favorites.

Burn it up

Bikini abs

Bikini arms

Hump day HIIT routine

Holiday hustle

Love your body workout

Over spring break a few people noticed that I was looking thinner, which made me happy.  Everyone loves hearing compliments like that.  I want to workout because I love my body, not because I hate it.  Well, I also workout so I can eat yummy things like cookie dough and chocolate.  :)

Lately, curvy girls are taking over the world.  Size-16 model Ashley Graham has been gracing covers of magazines right and left this year.

There is another model, Iskra Lawerence who works with Aerie who posts awesome and inspirational pictures on Instagram.  Recently someone commented on Iskra's photo calling her a fat cow.  She took matters into her own hands and did a little photo shoot with bags of chips.  I love seeing confident women with real bodies portrayed in the media.



from: here, here,

Con mucho amor.

No comments:

Post a Comment