Friday, April 22, 2016

Lead me where my trust is without borders

What I've been learning:  This weekend God did something crazy.  Saturday we had an event at church called Noche de Gala.  It was a beautiful evening full of prayer, unification, and treats.  I was one of the leaders of the event.  I had a table that a I decorated for nine women.  The pastor, his wife, and family are moving back to the United States.  We were lifting up the new pastor's wife in prayer.

Saturday morning Kelly, the pastor's wife, was explaining the events of the evening.  She mentioned that she wanted one of us leaders to be the voice of the prayer for Milly, the new pastor's wife.  Her idea was to have eight or ten women surrounding Milly as one of us leaders prayed out loud. 

I went home that afternoon to rest and pray before the evening.  While I was praying, I felt like God was saying, "You.  You are going to be the one to pray in front for Milly." 

What. 

What.

What. 

I thought.  "I don't think You have the right girl, God.  I am the least qualified person to get up at the front of the church and pray in Spanish for Milly in front of 100 women.  God, I cannot do this.  This is crazy."

How do I know it was God telling me?

"My sheep listen to my voice.  They know me.  They follow me."  John 10:27

I continued to pray. "Lord, I am sure Kelly already has someone to pray for Milly.  But here's what I will do.  If Kelly already has someone [which I am sure she does], then I won't pray.  But if she doesn't have anyone yet to pray in front, then I guess that's my sign to do it."  

Needless to say, when I approached Kelly she said no one had approached her yet.  I explained how I was nervous, and that I was the least qualified person to do this job. 

Kelly said, "You aren't going to do it in your strength.  You will do it in His."

"That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in my weaknesses.  In the hardships, persecution, and troubles.  For when I am weak, then He is strong."  2 Corinthians 12:10

The evening was going well.  I was having fun with the ladies, laughing and getting to know each other.  

My friend Jill was next to me at my table.  I told her that I was going up front to pray soon, and I asked her to pray for me while I was up there.  Kelly said she would be praying for me while I was praying for Milly also.  



When I got up to the front of the church, my hands were shaking and my knees wobbling.  But, I could feel the presence of God.  Spanish flowed from my lips.  I prayed for the longest time I ever have in Spanish.  It was incredible.  I was obedient and I was able to bless others.  I didn't do it on my own.  I didn't do it in my strength.

When I made PRAYER my word for 2016, I never ever expected God to push me and use me like this.  It makes me feel like He is preparing me for what is next.

How is God pushing you?  Who do you need to pray for today?  How can you be taking steps out of your comfort zone? 

Con mucho amor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment