Monday, June 13, 2011

Lazy Monday

Well today consists of a whole lot of nothing.  I slept in, and I can't work out because I hurt my foot.  The thing I have to look forward to?  Bachlorette tonight!  Anyone else excited for the new episode?

What I'm creating:  Here is a new journal I'm working on!  I'm using the June 2011 Nordstroms catologue as my base and adding to it as I go.  The paper is pretty stiff and it has really pretty pictures to use/cover up! 
Here is the front cover:


Here is the back cover:


Here is a page about my life-long dreams.  It includes: serving in Africa, getting married, teaching, sailing the world...


The quote on the bottom page says: "Look at it this way.  How often do you get the chance to put everything on pause?"  I love this quote because summer gives us the opportunitiy to stop and relax and reflect. 

Here is my ICAD #13.  I used the prompt "blues" when I made this one.


What I'm listening to: Parachute's new album The Way It Was.  They came and performed at my school before summer started and they are so good. 

What I'm reading: Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell.  "Without pain, we don't change, do we?" (p. 104)  There will always be challenges and obstacles that we need to overcome in our lives.  Those tough times are the ones where we get the chance to change the course of our lives. 

What I'm wearing:
Last night me and a few friends went out for dessert and I wore this pearl ring.  It was my grandmas and she actually made it!  I found this website that shows how to make a similar pearl cluster ring. 

What makes your heart blue?  What do you like to do on a lazy Monday?  Do you have any old jewelry or clothes that you make modern?

Much love.



1 comment: