Wednesday, June 29, 2011

MIA

Life certainly has a way of catching up with us every now and again...  But I have been shopping and making things since the last time I posted.

What I'm buying: This weekend I went shopping crazy.  Friday I went to Forever 21 and got this cute
top for $14.

Saturday I went to a second hand store and got this coral/salmon strapless dress for $10.  In this photo I paried it with a vest that I got on my Sunday shopping spree.


My aunt took me to Ross for the first time and I'm in love!  So many cute clothes for so cheap!  I got the vest (above) with a shirt and rose necklace, all together for $10.  I also got this nautical inspired shirt for $10.  It has buttons on the sleeves.  I am loving nautical themed clothes and jewelry right now.


from: here

What I'm creating: I made a piece that I ended up giving to my aunt, and it is one of my favorite things I have ever made.  It is three separate canvases that I put together to create one.  She loved the gift when I gave it to her on Sunday. :)


Here is the cover of a journal I made.  I am using this journal to record my answers to the prompts from the 30 day journal challenge.  It is almost the end of the month, and I am sad that the prompts will end.  But this will also be good for me to find new ideas and places to pull and put my creativity.  I used watercolor, oil pastel, stickers and clips of paper on the cover.  The quote on the bottom right says, "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius.  It's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." -Marilyn Monroe.  I think this quote relates to creating art and living life; it is better to be crazy and fun than "perfect" and boring.


Here is my page from the challenge in response to prompt 26: "Today...Think of a creative way to document your day and then do it!"

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment