Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Temporary Home

What I'm listening to: Temporary Home by Carrie Underwood because today I found out a family friend's baby just died. :( The friend just had twins, and one of them stopped breathing a few days ago.  It is crazy that something like this would happen to their brand new family.  My mom told me this quote after she shared the news:  Enjoy the little things in life, for someday you may realize they were the big things.  Makes me really appreciate every second because you literally never know the turns life can take.

On a happier note....

What I'm creating:  Here is the 30-day journal challenge prompt for day 14: “What is your favorite quote?  Mine changes a lot because different things inspire me during the different seasons in my life.  Quotes are powerful reminders of the wisdom we can gather and share with others.”

It was so incredibly hard to simply pick one quote for this page, but here it is.  Not my most creative page, but I like the simplicity of how it turned out.

Here is another two pages in the Nordstrom art journal.  I love the stamp I used on the right page.  It says "[Enjoy] today" and I got it from Michael for $1 and the brown background is from a paper bag.  

Here is my ICAD 14.  I  used the prompt "freedom."  I've always wanted to go on a hot air balloon ride; floating around above the chaos of the world...  Every Wednesday there are new inspiration ideas posted so I am excited to see them tomorrow!


What's inspiring me: We heart it is a website that has so so so many photos and I could literally just sit there for hours looking at them all.



from: here and here.  
So what helps you get escape the stormy weather of life?  How did you enjoy today?

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment