Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer Rain

What's inspiring me: Today was another cloudy day...it makes me wonder if the summer sun will ever come?  Although the icky weather makes me want to curl up inside and read and make things. :)



from: here and here

What I'm creating:  Here is my ICAD 22.  This is one of my favorites, I think.  I used a quote from Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin.  I just finished it today, and this quote was at the end.  Love it.  I used the prompt "off the page," and this was a real creative step of faith because I always neatly trim the edges of everything.  But this time I wanted to try to be a little messier, and I love the outcome!


Here is the newest page in my art journal.  I used scraps of paper and tissue paper on the right side.  I layered pink, yellow and purple paint on the middle of the page, and I used a "love" stamp that I got from Michaels last year.


What are your favorite rainy day activities?  Do you think it is easy or hard to find the beauty in imperfection?

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment