Tuesday, June 21, 2011

One Week Down

What I'm thinking about: It has been over a week since I started this blog, and it is a great deal of work to put together posts.  I admire the bloggers who have been doing this for years and have thousands of followers.  It is time consuming, but also rewarding.  Earlier last week someone commented on one of my posts, and it absolutely made my day.  Knowing that I can bring joy to someone else is priceless.

What I'm reading:  Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin.  I started reading the book a few days ago and I am already halfway through!  It was recently made into a movie, which I have not yet seen.  Giffin is a talented writer who has readers cheering for the underdog. 

What I'm creating: I am really proud of my 30-day journal challenge page today.  I made a jeannie bottle on the side since the prompt was, if you could have three wishes right now, what would they be?  I have two serious ones and one that is just for fun.  Except I really do wish I had the Flinstones movie to watch right now.


Today was the memorial service for our family friend's baby who passed away last week.  So appropriately my ICAD 20 is a tear drop and quote from the service.

 
What have you cried about recently?  Remember that tears are not a sign of weakness.  "Those who do not know how to weep with their whole heart do not know how to laugh either." -unknown.  A prayer from the service that I liked was:

NATIVE AMERICAN PRAYER
   I give you this one thought to keep --
              I am with you still – I do not sleep.
  I am a thousand winds that blow,
              I am the diamond glints on snow,
  I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
              I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning’s hush,
        I am the swift, uplifting rush
                    of quiet birds in circled flight.
     I am the soft stars that shine at night.
            Do not think of me as gone –
    I am with you still – in each new dawn.
from: here

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment