Sunday, June 19, 2011

Mashup

What I'm listening to/What is inspiring me:  Music mashups have been around for a long time, but I just have never heard them before!  A few months ago a friend from school had me listen to this miracles mashup, and I really liked it.  Fast forward to this morning at church...we were talking about mashups.  The pastor explained how hip-hop was originally a mashup of different old music, put together in a new way, to create something new.  The mashup of past and present events in your life creates the song that you present to everyone else. 

What I'm wearing:  I got two of the cutest shirts at Target today.  I am loving tie dye, and both shirts were on sale which made me even happier. :)



from: here and here

They have similar shirt options and ideas at Forever 21.

What I bought:  Today I also went to Michaels to see if there was anything I could not live without.  Not surprisingly, I found a few things. :)  Their website has additional coupons that I did not even think to use.  I spent less than $13 on all of this stuff: love photo holder, soar blue journal, stud stickers, "go against the flow" notecards, three white 5x7 canvases, blue and white ribbon, and five stamps, including a mini set of the alphabet!


What I'm creating:  Here are ICAD 17, 18 and 19.  My favorite is 19; I recylced the prompt "colors of the sunset" by using orange, yellow, peach and red watercolor pencils and sharpie for the circle and "love."  Last summer I took a watercolor class with my aunt and I absolutely love using that medium. 


Here is my 30-day journal challenge entries for the 15th and 17th.  I am loving all of Janel's creative ideas at her blog, Run Withe Scissors.  Some of them are a little more challenging that I still have not done yet, like the scavenger hunt and the page only filled with lines.  Whoops!
   
 

Under my favorite tv shows I put Swamp People.  If you've never seen or heard of it before, here is a clip.  It is a group of people who live in the South who hunt alligators.  My sister and I have been watching it lately.  The people speak English, but they need subtitles because their accents are so strong.  Hilarious.


Lastly, here is my latest page in the art journal I've been working on!  I used the new "H" stamp I purchased from Michaels to create the border on the side of the page.  The word highlighted on the inside of the heart says, "joys." 


What I'm decorating with:  Just like on the page above, I love initials!  This is an idea I created because I have ended up collected a bunch of differnt styles of my initial and I thought it would make a nice collage over my bed.  The three top ones are from Michaels, and the bottom one I've had in my room for a long time and I covered it in tissue paper from a retail store.


Other initial home inspiration:



from: here and here and here

Sorry for not posting in the past few days.  I have been busy and very tired but I will try to keep posting daily next week. :)  What joys have you experienced today?  What is the soundtrack of your life and how are you presenting it to the world? 

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment