Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sweet Life

(My computer was freaking out, so here is my post from yesterday!)

What's inspiring me: Today at work we had mini cupcakes to celebrate June birthdays and they were so cute and very delicious.  They inspired my ICAD 29, shown below.




from: here, here and here.

What I'm creating:  Here are my past two index cards for Daisy Yellows index card a day summer challenge, 28 and 29.  When I google searched that phrase, "Life is short but sweet for certain" I discovered that the phrase is lyrics from a Dave Matthews song called Two Step.  I have been watching the youtube video over and over again. 



Here is the backside of the cover page of the Nordstroms catologue.  I use a piece of ribbon and a magazine clipping to frame the words "summer unplugged."


While I was at my aunts this weekend I also had time to make a ton of patterned pages to use in my art journals.  I took raised pieces of plastic and did crayon rubbings with watercolor crayons.  Then, I put water over top of them.  Here is a few of the pages I made.



What I'm reading:  I just finished The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, and I absolutely loved it!  She also has a blog where she posts ideas.  Here is the link to her blog where she posts tips about how to be happier.  I have not had time to really explore the blog yet.  Many people would ask her why she was doing the happiness project.  They asked her if she was depressed, when she really just wanted to learn how to be more joyful each day.  My favorite quote is from the end of her book, "The ruby slippers had been on my feet all along."  She realized that she had everything she needed to be happy from the beginning. 

What are you doing today to appreciate all that you have?

Much love.

P.S. Sorry for so many spelling errors in my last post!  I need to try to write them before midnight.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment